2nd Grade students are encouraged to read throughout the year! Here is a description of what is required by the students after they have completed their reading. Please continue reading for the further details!
For the first quarter…
- the summer book reports completed by each student will be accounted for in their overall grade
For the second quarter….
- students will have to choose and read a book at their grade level or from the list provided below.
- students will later provide a written report using the template provided by the teacher in class
For the third quarter…
- students will have to choose and read a book at their grade level or from the list provided
- students will make a poster that displays thier favorite scene from the book
- poster can also be used as an advertisement that encourages other to read the book
For the fourth quarter…
- students will have to choose and read another book at their grade level or from the list provided below
- students will later construct a diorama (three-dimensional scene which includes models of people, buildings, plants and animals) of one of the main events of the book. A written description of the scene will be included and presented in class (a shoe box can be used to make a diorama).
2nd Grade Chapter Book Suggestions:
- The Magic Tree House Series*
- Geronimo Stilton Series*
- Mercy Watson Series*
- Nancy Drew Series‹*
- Flat Stanley Series*
- Ready, Freddy Series*
- Judy Moody Series*
- Amelia Bedelia Series*
- Rainbow Magic Series*
- Ivy and Bean Series*