Coach Zorik Isajane
Athletics at C. & E. Merdinian Armenian Evangelical School provides an opportunity for student-athletes who meet our school’s basic standards of spiritual, academic, and physical well being, to represent our school in athletic competitions. It is our goal to use the various sport activities not only to develop the athletic skills and abilities of our athletes, but also to emphasize spiritual growth and life skills. Our athletes are to be committed to their teams, act with integrity, compete with sportsmanship, and show school spirit at all times.
- Athletic Parental Consent Form & Practice Schedules
- Athletic Schedule 2019-2020
- Sweater & Parent T-shirt Order Form
- Jersey Order Form
KAHAM is a yearly tournament where all the surrounding local Armenian Schools gather and take part in team sports/individual sports competitions organized by Homenetmen Western Region. This is an important aspect in developing our student athletes to learn sportsmanship and a great way to build long time friendships in sports.
Merdinian athletes will be participating in the Annual KAHAM tournament this year in different sports listed below:
- Track & Field (October)
- Volleyball (Nov. & December)
- Table Tennis (January)
- Soccer (Feb. & March)
- Basketball (Feb. & March)
- Tennis (TGA’s Tennis Program: Fridays on the Playground for Grades K-63:30 PM – 4:30 PM | Sept. 6, 13, 27 | Oct. 4, 11, 18 | Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22 – Download Form)
- Private Tennis Lessons (TGA’s Tennis Program, Fridays, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Session 1: Sept. 6, 13, 27; Oct. 4, 11, 18; Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 2019
Session 2: Dec. 6, 23, 2019; Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31; Feb. 7, 14, 28, 2020
Session 3: Mar. 6, 20, 27; Apr.17; May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020 – Download Form)
- Golf (TGA Premier Golf, Session 1: Sept. 4, 11, 18, 25; Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 | Nov. 6, 13, 20, 2019 | Session 2: Dec. 4, 11, 18 | Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29 | Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, 2020 | Session 3: Mar. 4, 11, 18, 25 | Apr.15, 22, 29 | May 6, 13, 20, 27 | June 3, 2020 Download Form)
KAHAM GAME SCHEDULES: Download Schedule
The Merdinian Athletic Committee (MAC) is a volunteer based committee that helps support our athletes by providing the Athletic Department assistance in raising funds for equipment / jerseys and participating in all special events and tournaments involved in the department. MAC is comprised of the Athletic Director, Faculty, and Parents.
If you would like to be part of MAC, please feel free to contact the Athletic Director, Zorik Isajane.
Physical Education Department
The primary goal of C. & E. Merdinian Armenian Evangelical School Physical Education program is to assist each student in becoming a physically educated student:
- Has learned skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities
- Is physically fit
- Participates regularly in physical activity
- Knows the implications of, and benefits from involvement in physical activity
- Values physical activity and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle